Sunday, November 28, 2010

Citrus-Flavored Shark

The other day I found something very interesting in the grocery store - shark!  How often do you get a chance to eat something like that?  Problem is that I had no idea how to prepare it.



It looked similar to salmon, which I've done plenty of times before, so I decided to do it the same way.  I did a lot of prep work beforehand since I wasn't planning on cooking it until the next day (which ended up being the following day, as we were out most of yesterday.)



I decided to use citrus flavors, along with Italian.  (You'll see why Italian flavors in a minute.)


I started by making an opening along the center of the fish to stuff the crab meat.  After stuffing them I brushed them with olive oil.


I topped the fish with citrus Bosari, lemon juice, lime juice, and orange juice.  I also topped it with melted butter.


It ended up sitting for two nights like this in the refrigerator.


  I also wanted to try my hand at Cavatappi noodles.  I've had them several times before at restaurants but never prepared them.  I decided to do Italiam spices with diced tomatoes and olive oil on top.


When I do noodles, I like to add in any seasoning and/or olive oil while the water is boiling.


I heated some diced tomatoes to top the noodles.  I would've liked to make this from fresh tomatoes but I really didn't have time, and had some in a can already that needed to be used.


The grill board ended up soaking overnight. 






I put a couple orange slices on the grill to make a garnish.


Oh, and I don't think I've ever shown off my grill glove. 



I think I overdid the tomatoes.  I had intended on just heating them, but they ended up stewing slightly.





 

 


 

The shark tasted great, but very fishy.  If I were to make it again I'd probably do it breaded, with something crunchy like sesame seeds, or something to really overpower the fish flavor.  =o9

No comments:

Post a Comment