Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rethinking / Reheating

I had leftovers tonight, and I'm rethinking the success of last night's creation.  The chicken wasn't nearly as good as the first time I used that sauce.  The sweet rub didn't add the flavor that I wanted.  Plus I think the chicken was a little underdone. 

The shrimp were definitely overdone, and didn't mix well with the chicken.  They certainly didn't go with the wine.  And the scallions were pretty much an afterthought and a way to get rid of what I had left.

The whole thing was a similar example to the first entry where I try a mix-mash of everything, but this time with unsuccessful results, at least eating it a second time.  Things seemed to taste better the night before.

Even though I tried planning out things more, it still turned into a hodge-podge of items.  I'm just shocked because the spices together smelled so good and it's almost heartbreaking it fell short. 

So this weekend I plan on returning to the cookbook and am going to try my hand at a Spice-Rubbed Rib Eye with Bar Americain Steak Sauce.  This is apparently a popular menu item at Bar Americain and this weekend my friends get to have it for free.  =o9

1 comment: